Skip navigation

Leslie HVAC Logo

Trust Your Family With Ours™

Call Us630-621-9419

24 HOUR Emergency Service

Carbon Monoxide Testing

At Leslie Heating & Cooling, Inc., we believe that you should not only feel comfortable in your home at all times, but that you should also feel safe. You have locks on your doors and windows and a phone for emergency situations: what about a carbon monoxide detector? Leslie Heating & Cooling of Woodridge, IL services the greater Chicagoland area, including Lisle, Downers Grove, Naperville and Darien.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is impossible for humans to detect without a detection device. Leslie Heating & Cooling can supply you with a quality carbon monoxide detector for your Naperville, IL area home. Here are some facts we’ve gathered about carbon monoxide, along with some tips to keep you and your family safe.

  • Because carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, we cannot see or smell it. This makes a leak all the more dangerous, as detection is not possible without the proper device.
  • Carbon monoxide is produced when common fuels including coal, natural gas, wood, oil and others are incompletely burned. Internal combustion powered equipment such as cars and generators also produce carbon monoxide.
  • Carbon monoxide exposure causes a number of symptoms. If you have any reason to believe there is a CO leak in your home, don’t wait for symptoms to verify your hunch. Symptoms vary with length and level of exposure. Here are some of the most common:

Low Level Exposure:

  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Fatigue
  • Headache

Higher Level Exposure:

  • Loss of consciousness
  • Mental confusion
  • Lack of coordination
  • Vomiting

We’re not providing you with this information to alarm you. At Leslie Heating & Cooling we believe that our customers deserve to be educated about their options. That’s why we’re here whenever you need us to discuss your options when it comes to preventing carbon monoxide exposure. Keep your home safe by following these tips and seeking professional assistance.

  • For your safety, have professionals install any new appliances in your home. They will be sure to keep everything up to code for your safety.
  • Annual professional inspection of your heating system, as well as chimneys and flues, will ensure proper operation and that there are no hazardous blockages.
  • Do not operate any gas–powered equipment indoors. Even with doors and windows open this is never safe to do. This also applies charcoal.
  • Never use gas appliances (ovens, dryers etc.) as a heater replacement in your home.

We hope that you take this information to heart and that you find it helpful in keeping your home safe. The professionals at Leslie Heating & Cooling have one more safety tip we’d like to share with you.

Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your Home Today

There is no better way to protect your home from the dangers of carbon monoxide than with properly installed and operation CO detectors. These devices are very reliable and are designed to go off before dangerous levels of carbon monoxide are reached. Be sure to read the manual of your CO alarm. Remember, test buttons will ensure that the circuitry is working, but alarms will also have age replacement suggestions. If you’re ready to take the next step in protecting your Naperville, IL area home from carbon monoxide, call Leslie Heating & Cooling today. Our technicians will discuss your options and, whatever style of detector you choose, we’ll make sure it’s properly installed and operational.