Tips For Cleaning Your Air Ducts
When spring rolls around, cleaning your air ducts is a must. But deciding whether not you should do it yourself or hire a professional is the big question at hand. Depending on the circumstances, you could benefit from calling in a pro. For example, if you have rodents or mold. If not, here is how you can clean your air ducts, even if you’re not an expert:
If you’re prepared to clean air ducts yourself, you will need the following tools:
- Vacuum. Vacuuming is a popular method that many use to brush away dust. For best results, use a large portable vacuum with a HEPA filter.
- Mechanical brush. This tool can suck up all the debris stuck in your ductwork.
- Air sweep. The air sweep method is perhaps the most effective for getting the job done.
With pollution becoming a growing concern for our environment and our homes, it might be a more effective solution to hire a professional. Duct cleaning is essentially an inspection and cleaning of various components of your forced air heating and cooling system. It includes the following:
- Supply and return air ducts
- Supply and return registers
- Heat exchangers
- Condensate drains
- Fan motors and housings
At Leslie Heating & Cooling, we know how important it is to proactively take care of your home heating and cooling. That is why we offer duct cleaning along with many of our other services. Our experts are fully trained and licensed, ready to help! We are available for emergency repairs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information, give us a call at (630) 621-9419 or visit our website.